June 17, 2015

Clearing Up My Skin with Frangipani

***Disclaimer – I was supplied samples of these products to try in exchange for an honest review. Thank you for reading!***

I spent the first 6 months of my road to wellness watching what I put in my body.

Once I had that {mostly} figured out, I decided it was time to start looking for skin care products that were just as good for me as the food I was eating.

Have you ever really looked at the ingredients in your skin care? I did not for a long time…it can be pretty scary! Even the more “natural” companies can have 20-30 ingredients in their face was alone.

After searching for a few weeks and not being pleased the results, I was thrilled when Tracy from Frangipani reached out to me and asked if I would like to try her products in exchange for an honest review. Once I checked out the website and talked with her a little more, I had a good feeling about Frangipani.

According to the website “All Frangipani products are created without the use of harmful chemicals, synthetics, or additives, and prominently feature floral and other natural ingredients.”  I LOVE THIS!!

My first impression of the website was very positive. You can search by skin type, and when I saw the Hormone Exfoliating Trial Set, I knew that was the one for me.

Within a week my trial set arrived and I don’t think I’ve ever been that excited to wash my face at night! The first thing I noticed was how great these products smell. So clean, but not overpowering.

The Refreshing Face Wash is the first face wash I have used that will remove all of my makeup. It leaves my face squeaky clean, but without drying my skin out. Twice a week, I replace the face wash for the Exfoliating Face Gel. Just like the face wash, it get my skin nice & clean. After giving my skin a minute or two to dry I squirt 2 pumps of the Acne Serum onto my hands and massage into my face. Then I massage one more pump into my neck and chest. Right before I go to sleep, I rub a small amount of the Shea Butter Softening Lotion onto my face and let the mixture of shea butter and lavender oil lull  me to sleep.

I have now used Frangipani exclusively for over 2 months and have noticed major changes in my skin. I break out less, and when I do, they are small and go away quickly {I’d say within 36 hours or so}. The major difference I see is that my pores are smaller and less full of gunk. Every Sunday I use a pore strip and the last 4 weeks I barely find anything on the strip when I pull it off. MAJOR BONUS POINTS!  I even ordered full-size bottles of everything because I love this skin care line so much.

If any of you are looking for a new natural skin care regimen, please check out Frangipani.

Let’s Chat
What do you look for in skin care products?
Do you try and use natural products on your face?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Maureen
SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. I don’t necessarily think that what’s in mild skin care products like cetaphil and cerave is bad…I recommend those products to my patients with eczema and I use them myself. My skin has improved dramatically since switching. Sometimes the natural stuff can irritate our skin too. But these products sound pretty amazing!
    Wendy@Taking the Long Way Home recently posted…FortitudeMy Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

You’re right. When I said something about other natural products, I meant the big name brands that try to pass themselves off as natural. Ceataphil is a good brand that I actually used for a time in my life when everything would irritate my skin beyond belief!

2. Glad to hear that you found something that works for you.
    Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…We’ll Be Receiving A Very Special Christmas Present This Year!My Profile

3. Cool! I have been using Paula’s Choice skincare line for my acne for the last two years and it was just the magic combo for me! It’s nice to find a product that works for your skin and you love!
    Kate @KateMovingForward recently posted…How to Pick Awesome Gifts for Your Wedding RegistryMy Profile

4. I’ve never seen those products. I switch around every once in a while. Lately I’ve used some Obagi products and seen great results with some of my sun damage. When my skin looks good I feel good!
    Deborah @ Confessions of a Mother Runner recently posted…10 Minute Killer GlutesMy Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

So true! It’s crazy how one little pimple could ruin my day. I try to be better about that, but I think it takes me back to my high school days of major acne.

5. have never heard of this – glad you found something that works for you!
    Mar @ Mar on the Run recently posted…DC Fitness: Pure Barre (@ Cathedral Commons)My Profile

6. Glad to hear that you found something that you like and is making a difference. My biggest problem with my skincare is that I am horribly inconsistent with using products. I have to get better for sure.
    Elena recently posted…Seven Secrets to Create Wellness at HomeMy Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

I’ve been using skin care products since I was 12, so it is definitely a part of my daily ritual!

7. Glad you found something that works for you. I’m the lone wolf without any face cleaning regimen.
    Cassi recently posted…WIW Goes #GreenInTheCity317My Profile

8. Ooh, sounds lovely! Glad that they are working for you!
    MCM Mama Runs recently posted…Gone for a Run: All 4 Run Virtual 4 Mile RaceMy Profile

9. Awesome! I’ve never heard of this brand. I started using Rodan & Fields recently and absolutely love it!
    Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes recently posted…Global wellness day at the Four Seasons WashingtonMy Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

I used R&F waaaaaaay back in the Pro-Activ days when it was only sold through some home shopping network. Definitely helped me as a teenager!

10. I have never heard of this. I am glad you found something you like. I am pretty simple when it comes to my skincare: hot water for washing and a moisturizer that I make myself.
    Hollie recently posted…Trainer Talk: Fitness MythsMy Profile

11. Ive begin to almost obsess about this as well…FOR MY CHILD.
    Whether it’s sad or not 😉 her using products has made me (her WANTING at this point not yet using ;)) far more careful with myself.
    CARLA recently posted…My four types of friends.My Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

I was 12 when I HAD to start using skin care products….I remember being a teenager with bad acne and my mom freaking out because nothing would work for me.

12. i found tracy years ago at a festival. it was right when she was starting out. 5-6 years laters and this is about the only thing i will use on my face. the serum has honestly saved me from acne out breaks and it pairs well with an oil cleansing process that i use from time to time. tracy is one of the sweetest girls i know and to get to sit back and what her biz grow is most awesome.

• OrganicallyMo says:

This makes me so happy! Just from e-mail communication I can tell that Tracy is a great person and I’m happy to have found her and Frangipani!

13. Neat! I have never heard of this product. Thanks for sharing your experience
    rachel recently posted…Fitness is a Family AffairMy Profile

14. I’d never heard of this company! Thanks for sharing 🙂
    Courtney @ eat pray run dc recently posted…Why I Decided to Run Streak*My Profile

15. I really need to be better about skin care. Most nights I don’t wash my face …I know I know, awful. Thanks for sharing this, I’ll check them out and share with my sister as well bc I know she has breakout problems.
    Patty @ Reach Your Peak recently posted…Let’s Catch UpMy Profile

16. eliz frank says:

I’m familiar with the flower but not the skincare line. I will check it out as it sounds like a good one for sensitive skin too.