March 19, 2014

Sunshine Smoothie

Weather like THIS calls for deliciousness in a cup.

Yes, that could mean wine or beer. But let’s keep it a bit healthier today, shall we?

My fridge is stocked with spinach, frozen fruit, and my new invigorating secret smoothie ingredient – MINT!

SAY WHAT?!?!

I’ve been a part of smoothie nation for almost a year and I never even thought about mint until I randomly heard some guy talk on the news about adding mint to beverages for a healthy kick.

YES PLEASE.  I volunteer as smoothie tribute!

The next morning I headed to the grocery store and bought mint {not realizing we had some growing in our backyard}, came home and headed straight to my Blendtec, throwing in my favorite ingredients with the mint!

The result was a heavenly mix of spinach, fruit and my new favorite smoothie ingredient.

Try this one morning and it will wake you up!

Sunshine Smoothie

by Maureen McCann

Prep Time: 3-5 minutes

Cook Time: 2-3 minutes

Keywords: blender beverage breakfast dessert

Ingredients (2 servings)

• 2 cups almond milk
  • 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
  • 1 banana
  • 3 handfuls spinach
  • Fruit of your choice {I used frozen pineapple, mango & peaches}
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 10 mint leaves
  • 1 handful of ice

Instructions

Fill your Blendtec with all of the ingredients listed above

Hit the “Juice” button

Watch everything get smoothified

Pour into 2 cups & ENJOY!

Powered by Recipage

Let’s Chat

Have you ever tried mint in your smoothie?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Maureen
SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. now i’m convinced i need mint leaves!
    lindsay recently posted…Bolder Blogging: Writing with IntentionMy Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

Now that I know we have them growing in our garden, I’ll randomly grab a few to just bite on or add to tea and water. Definitely a must!

2. yum!! i think i should try chocolate + mint in a smoothie hehe
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted…Cherry Coconut Granola RecipeMy Profile

3. Oh wow, that looks good! Our weather has not hit your digits yet… I can’t wait! I’ll be craving smoothies more often when I’m not freezing all the time. 🙂
    Laura @ Mommy Run Fast recently posted…Let’s talk breadMy Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

Exactly!! I wasn’t prepared to start drinking smoothies so soon in the year, but I’m definitely not complaining! 🙂

4. Mint is a weed in my yard, the only.one I don’t mind having, it is really invasive! I love using it in both hot and cold drinks. I don’t drink alcohol but I love making virgin mojitos with it in ny Vitamix. I use it for salads too!

5. How can you NOT have a good day with a sunshine smoothie to start! I mean SERIOUSLY 🙂
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Asparagus: Aroused By SpringMy Profile

6. Oh I can’t believe you posted your forecast. That’s just plain mean to us poor, freezing New Englanders! However, your smoothie looks delish. I would need to be sitting on a heater to drink it though! 😉
    Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted…My First 5K!My Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

HA HA HA I feel bad posting about all this great weather we are having. But don’t worry. Soon you’ll be having great weather and I’ll be sweltering in 110 degree days. Yuck!

7. what a great recipe! Mint is such a great addition to drinks, even a glass of water. It just adds that extra freshness and a little extra energy!
    SAMI recently posted…The Skinny on ‘The Skinny Docs’ ~ Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Weeks!My Profile

8. I have never put mint in mine, but now I MUST!! YUM!
    Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted…Gluten Free Irish Soda BreadMy Profile

9. I have been drinking a lot of fruit/kale/spinach smoothies lately and I had never thought about putting mint OR avocado in them. I will have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing it at Katherine’s corner! New fan of your blog!
    Alexa recently posted…Pork and Sweet Potato Stew {Whole30 compliant}My Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

Thank you! I love adding avocado for the extra creaminess. Plus all the nutrients don’t hurt! 😉

10. perfectly refreshing! Thank you for linking and sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥
    Katherines Corner recently posted…Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 131My Profile

11. I am going to make this for sure….thanks for sharing it on the Thursday Blog Hop…this is the most attractive green smoothie recipe I have seen so far!
    Pam@over50feeling40 recently posted…Our Need for Cheerleaders…Plus the Thursday Blog Hop!My Profile

12. Wow! This smoothie looks yummy! Wish I had thought of adding mint to some of mine before this. I think I am going to try this one with mango from my tree. Thanks for sharing with Fantastic Thursday!

13. Sounds great, I love avocado in my smoothie I also love mint!!!! Thanks for coming over and sharing at The Weekend Retreat!!

14. I presumed smoothie would be very refreshing and it is definitely a good drink to start a day. Thanks for sharing with 4 seasons blog hop. Have a nice day.
    Kenneth Goh recently posted…Let’s Have Some Flavoured Butter Cake– Orange Butter Cake (香橙牛油蛋糕)My Profile

15. This is a great smoothie for us, we have wonderful mint in our Herb Garden. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen
    Miz Helen recently posted…Whats For Dinner Next Week 3-23-14My Profile

16. This sounds delicious! I am jealous you have a blend tech! I’d be blending like crazy if I did. 😉 Thanks for sharing at @DearCreatives party! Hope to see you again this week. I’ll be sure to tweet… your recipe. Can’t wait to try it!
    Theresa @DearCreatives recently posted…Planning and Travel Tips: Monterey Bay, CA and Monterey Bay Aquarium Part 1My Profile

17. I had been making do with my cheap-o smoothie maker (less than $30) which did not do greens at all. I finally burned out the engine and am now saving up for a real blender. How long have you had your Blendtec? I’m trying to decide between it and a Vitamix. We have a ton of mint in our backyard, and I will be excited to try these types of smoothies once I have a way to make them!
    I’m stopping over from Buns in my Oven link party 🙂
    Jill recently posted…Recipes for Memorial DayMy Profile

• OrganicallyMo says:

I’ve had my Blendtec for just over a year and I LOVE it! The only reason I went Blendtec and not Vitamix is that I don’t like that the Vitamix has that mixing stick in the middle. With my Blendtec, I add all my ingredients, cover, hit a button, walk away and let it do its magic!

• Tabitha says:

My Vitamix has a regular top on it similar to all other blenders, only you can pull the center cap out not just to add ingredients but to use the muddler to push ingredients down into the blades… The muddler is only necessary when you’re mixing things like sorbet or making homemade peanut butter. I love Vitamix, they had to replace some blades and sent me an entirely new container, two free books, a nut milk bag, and even extended my warranty for a year longer. Their customer service is awesome. The company also sells refurbished mixers… So that’s something to think about if you don’t want to spend too much.

• OrganicallyMo says:

That’s really cool! I honestly think you can’t go wrong with either brand. I love my Blendtec and others I know adore their Vitamix!

18. I’m swinging by from Cast Party Wednesday to check out your YUMMY looking post and invite you to my link party, The Yuck Stops Here. This week’s party is open until Sunday at 8pm ET and can be found at http://mommasangelbaby.com/?p=2463 and next week’s party starts on Tuesday at 8pm ET and can be found at http://mommasangelbaby.com/?p=2474. I hope to see you there! HUGS

19. This looks so good! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays 😀 Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.
    Shanice recently posted…City Of Links Party #20My Profile

20. I made one the other day with cucumber, spinach and mint – it was pretty good. I have not tried avocado in my smoothies before – will have to put your recipe on my list of ones to try.
    kimberlee recently posted…Working Out Week 21 of 2014My Profile

21. Completion of this country having some best app development team is sent
    to capture a Nazi stronghold. By using the battle camp cheats
    given letters. Angry Birds are played battle camp cheats on a whole naturally lies
    with how it looks. Com, but there are few flaws that gives you
    some coins, cooking experience and in today’s exciting market, I broke down and back to organize your inventory,
    then you will lead to slow systems. It can be played, using play money
    or real money types of goods.

My web-site: Battle camp hacks
    battle camp hacks recently posted…battle camp hacksMy Profile

22. Now I aam going to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast
    coming again to read further news.
    free online chat with psychic recently posted…free online chat with psychicMy Profile

23. I’ve been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours today, but I by no means
    discovered any interesting article like yours.
    It’s pretty price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all
    webmasters and bloggers made good content as you
    probably did, the internet shall be much more helpful than ever
    before.
    Bess recently posted…BessMy Profile

24. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Many thanks, However I am experiencing
    issues with your RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I can’t join it.

Is there anyone else getting identical RSS issues?
    Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!
    https://www.youtube.Com recently posted…https://www.youtube.ComMy Profile

25. It started with Step 1 below. Harris is a deeply enjoyable game that seemed
    to be so aggressive within the video game playing, meaning that
    more than you are playing new games. Reckoning is an interesting
    thing about download dayz the latest and biggest loot or treasure.

My blog post; download garrys mod
    download garrys mod recently posted…download garrys modMy Profile

26. I am regular reader, how are you everybody?
    This article posted at this site is genuinely fastidious.

Here is my website :: Read More Here
    Read More Here recently posted…Read More HereMy Profile

27. We stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I might check
    things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you.
    Look forward to looking into your web page again.
    pinterest.com recently posted…pinterest.comMy Profile

28. I feel that is among the so much significant information for me.

And i’m satisfied reading your article. However should observation on some general issues, The site taste is perfect,
    the articles is actually great : D. Good job, cheers

Feel free to surf to my web site: dermaroller stretch marks amazon
    dermaroller stretch marks amazon recently posted…dermaroller stretch marks amazonMy Profile

29. Dacă nu sunteți un medic ER sau sunt în afara salva lumea ……
    sa spui nu ! Păstrați luminile dim sau de a folosi o lanternă sau lumânări pentru unele ambianță .
    Aceasta este o centrare a semnalului moara de dobândire mai mare
    ulei masaj sexshop recently posted…ulei masaj sexshopMy Profile

30. I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you are
    not already 😉 Cheers!

Feel free to surf to my website :: Phen375 Diet
    Phen375 Diet recently posted…Phen375 DietMy Profile

31. Just wish to say your article is as amazing.
    The clearness to your post is just cool and that
    i can suppose you are a professional on this subject. Well along with your
    permission let me to seize your feed to stay up to date with approaching post.
    Thank you one million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

Also visit my site … מדיה חברתית לעסקים קטנים